APRIL 9 — The Inspector-General of Police Ismail Omar wants Malaysians to take his force's word that Nazri Aziz's son did not assault a 50-year-old security guard.
That is a fair request because all along we have "trusted" the IGP and his band of merry men.
We "believed" the cops when they told us that:
• only 5,000 people turned up for Bersih 2.0
• they "detained" 10 men for putting up defamatory posters about A. Samad Said and Ambiga Sreenevasan in Taman Tun Dr Ismail in Kuala Lumpur a couple of months ago and then went silent.
• the Penang cops were not trained to handle the Umno hooligans who disrupted an anti-Lynas gathering in Penang and bashed up two journalists.
• they are "investigating" the Umno bloggers and Utusan Malaysia who accused Christians of trying to take over the country.
• A. Kugan's and all the deaths in custody were due to accidents and natural causes.
• two foreign workers were guilty of the murder of Darren Kang in Sri Hartamas a few years ago. Some coincidence, though, that Nazri Aziz's son was also said to be involved.
Don't worry, bro Ismail, gua percaya sama lu. I also believed you when you said that only one per cent of cops are corrupt.
* Daud Kilau reads The Malaysian Insider.
* This is the personal opinion of the writer or publication. The Malaysian Insider does not endorse the view unless specified.
More » Bonology.com | Barisan Nasional (BN) | Sociopolitics Plus | 大马社会政治