Lawyers for Liberty
LFL announces its Top 10 Enemies of the Administration of Justice in conjunction with World Human Rights Day on 10 December 2010.
How do we explain the persistent and blatant injustices that are done in the name of law and order? How do we pretend there are still integrity, justice and fairness in the courts, the AGs Chambers and the police force?
In order to put the abysmal state of affairs in perspective, LFL has compiled a Top 10 list of Enemies of the Administration of Justice:
1. Hishammuddin Hussein, Home Minister
2. Abdul Gani Patail, Attorney-General
3. Musa Hassan and Ismail Omar, former and current Inspector-General of Police
4. Mohd Bakri Zinin, Federal CID director
5. Yusof Zainal Abiden, Solicitor General II, chief prosecutor in Anwars case
6. Zaki bin Azmi, Chief Justice and former UMNO legal adviser
7. Mohd Zabidin Mohd Diah, High Court Judge in Anwars case
8. The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission
9. Corrupt and unprincipled doctors like Siew Sheue Feng and Razali Ibrahim of HKL (Anwars case) and others like Abdul Karim Tajuddin of Serdang Hospital (A.Kugans case) who work hand in glove with the AGs Chambers and the police to manipulate evidence including medical and post-mortem reports.
10. The Lembaga Penasihat under the PMs Department that acts as a special court for cases under the ISA, Emergency (Public Order and Prevention of Crime) Ordinance and Dangerous Drugs (Special Preventive Measures) Act. The Lembaga Penasihat is therefore responsible for perpetuating the detention without trial of thousands of detainees.
The best explanation that perhaps sums up the continuing perversion of justice is from Franz Kafka:
Whatever impression he makes on us, he is the servant of the Law. He belongs to the Law and is not answerable to human judg! ment.
Letter & Opinion From Joe Public